It’s exciting to report with our Partnership Agreement with ChristchurchNZ in place we now have the resources we need to accelerate the growth of CA. With the arrival of Matt Wiles (see below) working alongside Gabby we are in a position to progressively raise the profile of CA within the start-up ecosystem and to lift our game in terms of what we can offer our members and how we deal with Founders.
What will change?
- We will be much more active on social media telling our stories and those of the founders and the companies we support.
- Our investment process will become more urgent and founder-friendly (see below for details)
- We will offer more investment education activities for our members and founders (see below for details on the DD session on 28th July).
How can you Help?
- Support our activities and pitch evenings
- Share our content on social media channels you use
- Respond expeditiously when you are interested in investing.
Introducing Matt Wiles
My name is Matt Wiles and I have recently been appointed Investment Attraction Specialist at Christchurch NZ, with the aim to create and implement an investment strategy in Ōtautahi Christchurch.
I have spent a large part of my career in people leadership and operational roles. These have ranged from Flight Centre to Z Energy and most recently as Chief Operating Officer at Save My Bacon.
A large part of my role is to work closely with the Canterbury Angels to reach membership and investment goals. This will involve working with the local ecosystem to grow capability and streamlining opportunities to facilitate early-stage investment.
Another key focus will be to help raise the profile of the club. One of the easiest ways to do that is through marketing activity, specifically social media by being more active, particularly on LinkedIn with a focus on regular posting and by amplifying posts and activity by relevant people and organisations.
Thanks for your support with this over the upcoming months and I look forward to meeting more of you at the Investor Evening on the 28th of July.
New Investor Evening Process
We are making some changes to our investment process (see below) that will add rigor and more urgency while also providing clear communication and timeframes for our Founders. Importantly the changes will provide the opportunity for those unable to attend to review the relevant information to assess each pitch while allowing Founders to be more involved.
The new process will commence from the July Investor Evening.