We’ve Had a Very Good Year
Since our inception in 2015 Canterbury Angels has been steadily building its capability and presence in the start-up ecosystem and in the early stage company investment market. Based on this good work, 2019 may well be a tipping point for CA as we have seen significant increases in activity across the board.
- membership is up 19%
- the number of active investors has increased
- CA members have invested $845k in 9 deals
- attendance at pitching events has been consistently strong
- the number and quality of companies pitching has increased.
- our profile and following on social media channels has increased.
Our best year by some distance.
2020 and Beyond
To continue our momentum next year we will be focused on
- growing and diversifying our membership together with the number of active investors.
- founder education – its critical we support founders so they can be effective leaders and manage their businesses effectively
- investor education to make sure our members have an understanding of the dynamics of Angel investing and how they can support founders to be more successful
- working closely alongside the other South Island Angel groups to advance the growth of Angel investing throughout the Mainland.
Thank you for supporting CA throughout the year. We welcome your continued involvement and support. Also a big thanks to the CA Board for giving up their time to help grow and develop CA. A special mention goes to Gabby our Operations Manager for her work and Shane our Treasurer who has been very busy with our deal flow this year.
CA wishes you an enjoyable and safe Christmas and New Year with your family and friends.
- AANZ 2019 Annual Summit – Check out the latest newsletter for access to all the presentations at the summit – A good summertime read.
- Why we should ask companies for a one page executive summary– a thoughtful piece on why and how founders should develop a compelling executive summary for themselves and investors.
CA Investment Activity
EVNEX have closed their Convertible Note round having raised $500k. CA members committed $260k to this deal.
CA members have committed $50k towards Winely’s
round.which closes this week.
Tapi CA members have committed $60k to Tapi’s round which closes this week.